Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mark Your Calendars

The Second Annual Jessica and Kelli Uhl Fundraiser will be held July 19, 2009, from 6-11pm, at the KC Hall in Collinsville, Illinois.

Our theme this year is Pineapple Paradise. I'm encouraging everyone to dress in prom attire - especially vintage! Also, if you have gently used prom or bridesmaid dresses, please bring them for donation to Big Brothers/Big Sisters for their Diva for a Day event. Young girls are given a dress, a hair and makeup session, professional photograph shoot, and then can keep the dress for their prom. Jessica and Kelli loved playing dress-up, so this event is something they would be proud to be associated with.

We are also collecting non-perishable food items for the Collinsville Area Food Pantry.

Of course there will be dinner and dancing, as well as a silent auction and various raffles. If you have any items for donation for the silent auction or raffles, please let me know.

Prior to the fundraiser, we are hosting a blood drive in honor of Jessica and Kelli at SIUE on July 14, 2009, from 2pm to 7pm in the Conference Center, 2nd Floor. If you can donate, the Red Cross would certainly appreciate it. Supplies are dangerously low right now.

Tickets can be purchased ahead of time by contacting me, or can be purchased at the door the night of the event.

Thank you for your support in memory of Jessica and Kelli.


4 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Genius idea! I'll be there!

Annie said...

Kim,
I can't donate blood (anemic, lame!) and I'm not sure I'll be in town on the 19th, but I'm almost 100% positive I have old prom dresses that I'd love to see go to good use! I will find a way to get them to you!

Jakki said...

Beautiful photo....

Marrdy said...

What a great idea. I, oh course, can't be there but I will give donating blood a shot. Never done it before but this sounds like the time! What a beautiful picture of the girls.!!