Monday, September 13, 2010

You'd Think I'd Be Used To This By Now

Apparently the judges that comprise the Court of Claims met today. Apparently they decided that four months is not enough time to review the Commissioner's recommendation, so they have decided that they will meet again on October 28. A decision may or may not be made in the meantime. Here's the article if you'd like to read it.

And as for that October 28 date? Yeah, I'll be holding my breath. We haven't had a guarantee about dates from them so far, so why get one now? They rescheduled our trial dates out several times and then couldn't even wrap up the trial when we rested our case, they needed another 10 days. Thanks for the emotional roller coaster ride, we'd like to get off now.

Forgive my general pissiness about this but damn it, what is the holdup? Why does it take this long to make a decision? Why does it have to be drug out for months, years? Why can't it just be over? I'm trying to move forward, trying to move on, and then I get news like this and it just puts me back to square one.

/end rant

4 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

You go ahead and rant all you want. It's good to let it out and you know we've got an ear, or eyes to take it.

Lisa said...

Oh Girl. I am so very sorry. This sucks. I don't understand why they drag this out either. It is an emotional drain on you and I would think a financial drain on the state.

So sorry. Keep ranting. I'm here to listen.

Jaelithe said...

You should rant. It's not just about you (though your feelings are very, very important and deserve to be heard). This sort of endless bureaucracy adversely affects justice for everyone. You should rant, and we should all listen, and we should all care, because any one of us might one day find our lives put on hold by a system of justice that moves like a snail on tranquilizers.

Anyway I hope the state of Illinois locates its missing compassion as soon as possible.

Nancy R said...

I feel the same way and I'm not directly involved! At least once a week I check in to see if you've posted any news. I want a resolution too!