Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday Bites

Not in the sucky "this bites" way, but more like little random bits of thought. I think I'm coming down with a cold and I'm tired and I can't really think of much more than two or three sentences at a time so...

****

I took my 8-year old daughter to see Bee Movie on Friday. If you liked Seinfeld, you'll like the movie. It seemed to me to be one long standup routine. I amused myself by guessing the voices. Oprah is a judge. Chris Rock is a mosquito.

*****

Thanksgiving is a week away (technically 8 days but I have to start baking pies on Wednesday so it's a week to me). My dad and his wife are coming to my house. I'm very excited that I got my dining room re-decorated before they came. I was writing out my menu and realized we are having three kinds of potatoes - mashed, sweet and cheesy hashbrown casserole. Starch overload, anyone?

*****

I can't find any casual shoes that I like. I can wear jeans to work every day, but on days I don't wear my heels I have either my boots or my clogs. I went shoe shopping at lunch and couldn't find anything. I don't want a ballet flat and I don't want a grandma heel. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

These are my favorite shoes. I have them in black http://www.rei.com/product/747153

I wear them with jeans or capris, cute sweaters, t-shirts, tank tops. I wear them around the house, to the store, or on long walks and easy hikes.

Last summer they were too new to wear barefoot, so I've always worn them with socks. They're great for showing off funky socks.

Anyway, go to REI and check them out.