Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wednesday Bites - The Why Version

Why is it that when you're installing a floor, you will have to open a brand new box for the last lousy tile?


********


Also, why, after a clean safety record through 179 tiles, you cut your finger trimming the last tile? It was a good cut, too. I don't mess around.


********


Why is the temperature decent all week and then turns frosty on the weekend when you're installing a fence? 45 on Saturday? In mid-April? Seriously? Sadly, my dad has the flu so we had to reschedule anyway. Hopefully it won't be snowing then.


*******


Why is it when you say "I'm just looking, I'm not going to buy," you wind up buying? It didn't happen to me (this time!), but my sugar bought a motorcycle yesterday, after saying "I'm just going to look." Uh-huh, yeah right. I knew as soon as he sat on it he was going to sign whatever they stuck in front of him.

*******

Why did it take me until Thursday to post my Wednesday blog?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's Thursday already?

She Who said...

OMG It's Friday already.

Anonymous said...

aww. i hope your dad is feeling better soon. that bites. :(
flu is not fun.
ugh, finger cut, my husband had plenty of injuries during renovations. surgery one time! be careful.

Jaelithe said...

You tiled your floor? Congratulations!

Hey, just think of that last box as backup for when your kid drops a paperweight or something and cracks a tile-- you'll already have matching replacement tile, so you won't have to redo the whole floor.