Thursday, June 11, 2009

Working and Waiting

I'm temping this week, and really enjoying it. Maybe because I know it's just temporary, maybe it's because I don't have to fight too much traffic on my commute, or maybe because I don't have to make sure Maddy is up and dressed and fed and has her backpack/art project/library book and do the "come on we're late" dance with her.

I have to admit, I've missed working. I've missed the sense of accomplishment I get when I turn off my computer. Not to say this has been a cakewalk - I spent 15 minutes yesterday looking for a file, which is frustrating enough. However, I also managed to open a file cabinet drawer too far, which caused it to get off its track. Of course, if one drawer is open you can't open another one, (stupid OSHA rules) so how was I supposed to open the next drawer to find the missing file? I finally got it back on track and managed to grease on my hand but not on my suit. I also found the file, which was not in that cabinet. Ah well, lesson learned - don't do the filing.

Back on the permanent job front, I had my second interview earlier this week. I met with two of the attorneys I'd be working with, and I think it went well. However, they have another interview on Thursday, so I won't find anything out until Friday at the earliest. It's driving me crazy, as I am not a patient person.

I really want this job. I have the skills and the ability they need - I just hope I was able to convince them.

I'll keep you posted....

5 comments:

Marrdy said...

Hope it all comes through for you!

Jakki said...

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

OKAY... I claimed it for you....all is well.

Jaelithe said...

We should all write "Kim will get this job."

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

I hate waiting to hear back after a job interview!

-----------------------

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

KIM WILL GET THIS JOB

Jill of All Trades said...

Hope it all works out. Fingers crossed.