Anyway, that button signifies my membership in The St. Louis Blogger's Guild. Don't let the name fool you, however - we don't just blog. We are parents, professionals, photographers, tech geeks and radio personalities, all of whom bring to the table expertise in diverse areas.
As diverse as we are, we do share a common goal - to promote blogging in all its forms, and to share our knowledge, not just within the Guild, but in the community as well. This is a very important part of the Guild - especially since I am now the Outreach Coordinator (I think that's my title).
Have I got you interested? If not, then answer the following questions:
- Do you blog?
- Do you live in the St. Louis metro-area?
- Do you want to expand your social networking horizons?
- Do you want to learn more about the tech-y side of blogging, such as RSS, style sheets, podcasts, or even adding design elements to your own webpage?
- Do you want to meet the creative and awesome people behind A Bun's Life, Mamalogues, One Dad's Life, The Broad Brush, All Things Pink, WOBL in Training, Girls' Guide to the Galaxy, Midwestern Mommy, Three Times the Love, The State of Discontent, and many other talented writers?
- Do you want to step out from behind the monitor and make a difference in your community?
If you answered "yes" to any of these, then check out the Guild, and try to join us at our next meeting on February 14 at 11:00 am (NOTE - this might change to February 7). Meetings are held in midtown St. Louis. The $5 non-member fee can be applied to your annual membership dues of $40, if you decide to join. The dues cover costs of webhosting, publicity and promotion of the Guild, and meeting costs. We also offer financial assistance if necessary.
So, after all that, do you still have an excuse not to join? Or at least check us out by attending a meeting?
Any questions, let me know. If I can't answer them, I'll put you in touch with someone smarter than me.