Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF

It's Friday, finally. Man, working a full week after a couple of three days weeks takes it out a girl...oh, wait, I only worked four days this week.

Moving on, I have big plans for this weekend, and only part of them involve the house.

Tonight, I am going to see Bride Wars with two friends who are also getting married this year. We are involved with the others' weddings also, so it will be interesting to see at what point in the movie we exchange glances and think "I will SO DO THAT to you if you don't watch out!"

The high point of my day Saturday? I am going to get my nails done again. I stopped getting them done before we moved, because I knew with the packing and the lugging of boxes and the stripping of wallpaper, I was just asking for a nail-related injury. However, I'm tired of my hands looking like a disaster. I also feel good after a mani-pedi. Time to reward myself a little.

On Sunday, though, it's game on. I am participating in an organization challenge thrown down by my good buddy ABunsLife. You'd think that since we just moved, I'd be all organized, you know, assuming I organized things when I unpacked. Well, I did in some areas but the garage and basement became our "why the &*^% did we move that?" dumping ground. My goal is to park the cars in the garage after this weekend. Next goal, the basement.

The basement has to be done because...someone named Maddy has a birthday next Sunday. She will be 10. TEN! Her first decade birthday! She is having some friends over for a sleepover and a Rock Band challenge (assuming I can find Rock Band 1 for Wii before then. I've got some co-workers on the hunt this weekend, here's hoping they are successful).

Enjoy your weekend and pamper yourself a little. You deserve it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember you doing your junk drawer last year! I did all of mine right after that too! Hee hee!

Heather said...

Hopefully we're the highlight for Saturday now!

Marrdy said...

Your baby is moving into double digits. Too bad we can't make them stop getting older!

Jaelithe said...

You reminded me that my basement REALLY needs help.