I follow other blogs and when the author says things like "lots going on, but can't tell you yet!", the speculation in the comments begins. Let's just get a few of those out of the way:
- I'm not quitting my blog
- I'm not pregnant
- I'm not getting a book deal
- I'm not going on The Ellen Show
Of course, if any of those became realities, I'd be thrilled.
- I am working on trial preparations. The criminal trial is set for March 22, and the civil trial is set for April 19. I am drafting my victim impact statement - talk about writing for therapy. I can finally say most of the things I've kept to myself for over two years.
- I am working with other mothers who have lost children to help them set up fundraisers and scholarships for their children.
- I am working with Voices Insisting on Pursuit Safety (www.pursuitsafety.org). Jessica and Kelli's pictures and story are now included in their promotional and marketing materials.
- I hope to soon be working with another advocacy group to make some policy changes.
- In the meantime, I'm working full-time, cooking, cleaning, enjoying married life and helping Maddy with her homework.
So, now you're up to date, kinda. I can tell you to watch this space around the beginning of February - I should have an update on something I mentioned above.