Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Last week's post alluded to some goings-on that I couldn't talk about. Don't get too excited, I still can't talk about it.

My stomach is in knots. I'm slightly nauseated from the anticipation. The only thing keeping me sane is running at night. There's something oddly soothing in the quiet and the dark. I find if I worry all my worries while I run, it takes my mind off the fact that I am running. When I'm done, my body is tired and my mind is less muddled, and I can sleep, at least for a little while.

However, by this time tomorrow I should have news that I can share. And when I do, you'll be the first to know.

*Edited to add - by noon on Wednesday I should have news I can share. Totally unhappy right now about that which I cannot discuss and now cannot discuss for a longer time.

3 comments:

Annie said...

My Dad jogs as meditation. It's very motivating to me. He jogs a minute for each year of his life every year on/around his birthday. He just recently did a 64 minute jog earlier in the month... He's only 61, but he likes to have some minutes to grown on. ;) Working out always makes me feel better, even if it's just by way of exhaustion. Ha!

Jill of All Trades said...

Will wait with anticipation. Good on the jogging. Daughter does it and loves too. I am a spring walker/jogger at the lake. Love the nature.

Andrea said...

Heh, one more converted to the religion of running. Or the psychology of running. Or the zen of running. However you want to phrase it.

Hang in there. Time flies.

Andrea (@shutterbitch)