Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Keeping It Clean

I try not to use bad words on this blog. Mostly because Maddy reads it, but also because I've read that using swear words indicates a limited vocabulary.

I think I have a pretty good vocabulary; however, in some situations, there is nothing like a good stream of expletives - a full-blown blue streak that would make a sailor blush.

Lately, I feel like my life has gone from the occasional "Damn It!" to an hourly use of the F-word. Honestly, it's one *&^% thing after another. Just when I think one fire is out, another one pops up in its place. Most of them are minor inconveniences, just enough to peeve me off, but they're coming faster and harder. Suffice it to say that recent events occuring between last Thursday and today have left a thick haze of obsecenties lingering over my head.

In my past personal experience, when it rains, it pours. I've learned not to ask "What next?" because all I have to do is wait a few minutes, and the answer will show itself, and usually require time, skill, or money that I don't possess.

Will it get better? Probably.

In the meantime, I'm going to need a thesauraus, because I'm about at the end of my list of approved adjectives.

6 comments:

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

--Mark Twain

Jill of All Trades said...

Sometimes nothing feels better that to "let it all out."

Jakki said...

every once in awhile I go through my WTeff (for Maddy's sake) phase and I hate it but after the fact...I believe that phase is necessary.

Marrdy said...

Here's hoping you find alot of adjectives that give the same meaning as the F word. And also that you get a break soon!

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

My favorite adjectives all happen to be bad words.

I wonder what that says about me?

MaLeah said...

Hey there, haven't talked to you in a while, so I thought I'd drop you a comment! I hear ya on the profanity! I've used a lot of it in the past couple months. Thankfully Marin can't understand us yet. ha.ha. Come check out the little dude's blog if you need some cheering up. He is quite the ham these days!
http://marin.mrorex.com