Monday, March 3, 2008

Meme Monday

Zookeeper tagged me for a meme, so here goes.

Five Random/Weird Facts About Me:

1. My birthday is the anniversary of the Titanic sinking, Lincoln's shooting death, and Tax Day. I was born at 10:40 pm. Spooky, isn't it?

2. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. It's a pretty nifty bar trick on days I'm broke.

3. Other than having children, I've never been hospitalized overnight. Knock wood.

4. My bra and underwear must match. They don't have to be the same brand, but the colors have to be the same. I've changed my entire outfit if I can't find the bra that matches the panties. I may be weird but Mom always said to wear clean underwear.

5. I have eaten an entire bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos in one sitting. I've done this more than once. I don't buy them very often simply because I am addicted. My kids loved it when we'd have a party because I'd buy them. I limit myself to one lunch sized bag a month, because I can't be trusted.

Five places I want to see or see again:

1. Longboat Key, Florida - I took a trip to see my brother when he was stationed in Sarasota, and he took me here. It was my first time to see the Gulf, and the sugar sand beaches were gorgeous. I remember just standing and staring out at nothing but water as far as the horizon. Makes you feel a bit insignificant.

2. Key West, Florida - my brother took me there for my birthday and I had an absolute blast. I did imbibe a few too many Parrot Bay/Diet Coke cocktails and managed to lose 4 hours of my life. I was awake and fun (so I was told), but had no clue that we'd eaten dinner until I asked when we were going to eat. My brother informed me that not only did we eat an hour ago, I had eaten half his food. Good times.

3. San Diego, California - my brother (sense a pattern?) is stationed here now. He is currently in Iraq and he is supposed to come back to the US in August, so Maddy and I will be jetting out to see him. I can't wait.

4. Australia - The Sydney Opera House, Ayers Rock, The Great Barrier Reef, The Outback. Wow. What more can you say?

5. A tropical island - Hawaii, The Bahamas, Aruba, Bora Bora - I'm not picky.

I tag Lynn, She Who What?, Frogdancer, and MP. Enjoy!

3 comments:

MP said...

YEAH...A MEME!!

MP said...

OK..mine is up!

Zookeeper said...

Thanks for playing...and you were so quick about it!