Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Weekend Recap - Pictures at 11

I was completely lazy and uninspired yesterday, plus I was battling the mother of all headaches. My headache is better today, thank you, but my left eye is twitching sporadically - usually when my boss is in my office. Fan-freaking-tastic. Because I'm not a dork to begin with.

Anyway, Maddy and I had a blast at our mini-getaway. The hotel was nice, the beds were comfy and perfect for jumping. I have a couple of good action shots of Maddy spanning the space between the beds. Those will be posted later tonight.

The pool area was nice, too. Lots of chairs and tables, and piles of clean towels. I think they must have recently remodeled because the hot tub looked new. Maddy had a blast splashing around while I lounged in the hot tub. Ah, bliss.

Saturday was the head shaving. The joint was jumping. We had to park a block away. But it was worth it and we drank a few beers, took a lot of pictures, and left as the band was setting up. Maddy was with a sitter so we went back home and hung out with her and had a late dinner. It took almost an hour for my pizza to show up. Good thing I wasn't hungry or anything. Why can I order a pizza during dinner hour and have it within 20 minutes, but order one at 9:30 at night and you'll be lucky to get it before midnight? Another mystery of the universe.

Sunday we went to a confirmation party for my girlfriend's daughter. Ate too much, drank a few beers, and had a good time just sitting around talking.

I promise to post pictures later.

2 comments:

MP said...

The hotel stay really sounds fun. I love a good hot tub!

As far as the pizza..I think that you get those people that are watching movies and need pizza..and the partiers..they need pizza.. OR it is a conspiracy against you!! Maybe people that eat at dinner hours MAKE food and don't order pizza but people that are busy and starving all eat late.. hmmm.
Maybe I am totally overthinking this..

Anonymous said...

Glad you two had a good time. It's nice to get away with the kids and just hang out...