Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maybe

For the past few days, I've had a dull headache, a bad attitude and a need to eat everything in sight. Possible causes for this malaise are:

I watched Dazed and Confused Monday night and might have suffered a contact high.

I've been thinking a lot about Kelli lately, with the fish, and the broken arm. Yeah, Maddy broke her arm last week while roller skating. Technically, she broke it by falling down while attempting to roller skate. She's doing okay, rocking the tye-dye cast. Kelli broke her arm in first grade, but it was such a high break that she never got a cast. She was pretty bummed as she was looking forward to her friends signing her cast. I wouldn't let the kids sign her sling.

I've been thinking about Jessica, too - lots of songs on the radio recently that remind me of her. I'm starting to tan again, so I see her friends at the tanning salon. I feel her around me more lately, if that makes any sense.

I'm working on their annual fundraiser, and also working on a fundraiser with a local salon, possibly combining it with a blood drive. All positive things but still - the underlying reason for the events isn't.

Of course, this is on top of the daily thinking about them that I do as well.

Oh, and the trooper has a hearing today at 1:30. I'd like to hope that a trial date will be set soon, so that we can begin to move forward.

8 comments:

Sh. said...

Ugh! Ted Drewes reopened yesterday...want to meet me there after work? :)

I started tanning this week too, it makes me feel ridiculously good about myself. (And maybe I had White Castle for dinner to feel even better :) )

Zookeeper said...

You've got so much going on! I'm thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon.

BTW...That's a great picture of you!

Anonymous said...

Hugs. music is always making me think of Ellese, It was so much a part of her, when her heart stopped she was dancing at a concert with her friends.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

Marrdy said...

I hope the trial starts soon.

I have never tanned...maybe I'll have to try it.

Jakki said...

take care lady...every up hill battle, especially in my mood rollercoaster, leads to a spectacular view at the top. at least thats how i'd like to think of it.

minniemama68 said...

You have a lot on your plate!!!

Hopefully, things will slow down a bit.

Unknown said...

Tanning used to always make me feel better, especially in the winter...but I'm liking that Ted Drewes idea. Oh hot fudge sundae, how I've missed you...

I just saw your picture on the right hand side of the page. You look stunning! Really great pic, Kim!