Monday, February 9, 2009

No-List Sunday

Yesterday I had one thing on my to-do list. That was accomplished by 11 am.

Then, I went home and made myself a ham and cheese omelet. I watched Martian Child. I took a nap. I watched The Breakfast Club, part of Runaway Bride, and some random HGTV. Oh, and Miss Congeniality. I got off the couch long enough to get a drink, forage for something else to graze on, and to uh, visit the facilities. I may have let the dogs out, too.

Did I work out? Nope. Did I eat healthy? Oh my no, Maddy brought home some Russell Stover chocolates. Did I empty the dishwasher? Hellz no, and my dishes from last night are still in the sink.

My final act of decadence? I didn't make my bed. The scandal!

Today I feel good. The alarm went off this morning and I didn't immediately think oh sweet cracker sandwich it's morning already? Not that I was a bundle of energy, but I felt like I could make it through the day without a nap.

Perhaps I needed a no-list Sunday to recharge my batteries. Lord knows I'm going to need it this week - stay tuned.....

8 comments:

Sh. said...

What's going on this week? Hope you have a good one!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a much needed, restful Sunday.
I need to spend more Sunday's like that - I'm impressed you were able to ignore the dishes and the unmade bed. I always get stressed out about that stuff!

Jakki said...

I love Sundays like that...those just 'being' Sundays....nothing that you HAVE to do. Glad you got one...

Marrdy said...

There are some days you just need for yourself. Glad you had a me day. We all need one!

Anonymous said...

we all need Sundays like that! (I hardly ever make my bed anymore)

She Who said...

I'm telling you that on the days that "Suzy" leaves the building can be the best there are. Sounds like you need more of these. Enjoy! ;-}

Terra said...

I wish that I could read the rest of the blog; I was stopped at "oh sweet cracker sandwich" and am unable to move forward from there. LOL!

minniemama68 said...

Everyone needs to tune out every now and then.