Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to School

As Maddy is wrapping up her school year, I'm starting to plan mine. In the event I don't get a job (and it's not been encouraging thus far), I am going back to school. I sent off my application and filled out my FAFSA form. I'll start applying for aid once I'm accepted.

I'm not really sure what direction I want to go yet. I could look into law but I'd be close to 50 when I was finished. Although my dad suggested that I do it, and practice Medicare law. He's pretty funny.

Too bad I can't apply for Jessica's scholarship. Wouldn't she be proud?

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is an idea and a half. You're very brave to go with this option; not because it's a bad idea, but because a lot of people wouldn't. Then again, you have experience with the the direction of your life changing. Best of luck!

Christian's Mom said...

Coming from a "Medicare lawyer," a word of friendly advice: unless you really, truly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the law, it isn't worth it. Read: breath-takingly high student loans = job lock. :-(

Marrdy said...

I think going to school in law would be great. You've already had some great legal experience and think of all the people you could help.

A Buns Life said...

I'm proud of you and know that you can do what ever you put your mind to!!

Zip n Tizzy said...

My hat's off to you!
I look forward to finding out what you decide.