Friday, March 20, 2009

In Other News...

Things are finally starting to move forward with the court proceedings. The criminal trial will probably be scheduled at the next hearing in May, and hopefully will be held in late summer or early fall. The civil trial has been scheduled for October 19 and 20.

My attorney has suggested that at the civil trial, we present statements about how the deaths of Jessica and Kelli have affected not only their immediately family, but the community as well. We want to show the Court that not only did Brian and I lose our children, many other people lost them as well. Even people who didn't know them have been affected by this.

To that end, I have a favor to ask of the interwebs. If you would like to write something to be submitted, please either leave it in the comments, or you can email it to me at lakegal180 at yahoo.

Thank you, as always, for your support.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending good, strong thoughts your way through this.

She Who said...

Kim as always you are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep strong.

Marrdy said...

I was watching the news this morning when they should a policeman somewhere (sorry didn't get the whole story) who crashed his car going 100 MPH because one of the other officers wasn't answering his radio. No emergency, no nothing. So scary.

I hope things go well for you!