Friday, October 10, 2008

The Doctor is In


I've been dishing out advice to several people this week, and it occured to me that sometimes it's easier to solve other's problems instead of your own. Perhaps it's because I'm not directly involved, so I can look at it from a different perspective. Or perhaps it's because I'm a know-it-all.

I have posted lots of my issues and I have gotten great advice from my readers. (And by lots of issues, I mean if it wasn't for my issues, I'd have no blog.)

So I'm going to start a new thing - Free Advice Fridays. Unlike Lucy, I won't charge you a nickel. Nor will I yank the football out of from under you.

Post your problem or issue you're having in the comments and I'll give it my best shot. Relationships, difficult in-laws, problem co-workers, engine trouble, wardrobe questions - I'll try to help you.

Just remember, I am not a doctor, therapist, or mechanic, so if you take my advice, I am not responsible. Hell, I might have been called irresponsible once or twice.

So, what's your problem....?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

It's a shame I'm perfect w/ no problems..

Let me think and I'll have one for next week...

:-P

Anonymous said...

Well, if you promise not to yank the football out :) My question: what do you think is most important when it comes to shoes? Quality or quantity :)

Kim said...

Melody - quality is more important in shoes that are classic - your basic black pumps, for example. I'm not adverse to buying a cheaper pair of something trendy, but for something that I will get a lot of use from, I tend to buy a better quality.

MaLeah said...

Love this post! Also, love your advice! I'll be sure to take advantage of Free Advice Fridays! ha.ha. It is a lot more fun getting advice from someone who isn't intimately involved in your "issue". That way, they can be impartial. I'm always up for giving out my opinion (oops, I mean qualified advice. ha.ha.) so send me some of problems anytime you feel like it!

ygirl01 said...

Oh Kim, I will look you up on Friday.....I have needed your infinate wisdom for a few weeks now....let me know when you're ready for me to spill it.....