Friday, October 24, 2008

The Week in Review

Monday was so long ago, I really don't remember if anything noteworthy happened. Craig came down with a cold. I made my prize-winning chili for dinner.

Tuesday seems like eons ago. Craig still had a cold, and I started to feel a little crappy. I made myself homemade cheese soup for dinner, and Maddy's godfather took her out for pizza and go-karts so I could have a little quiet time. Thanks Kevin, you're a doll.

Wednesday I woke up and felt like crap. I called in sick to work, and spent the day blowing my nose and feeling sorry for myself. I also further tortured myself by looking around my house and realizing all the things I could be doing while I was home, but decided to sit on the couch with my tissues and my blanket. I also took a 3 hour nap. Don't judge, I was tired.

Thursday I still felt crappy, so I stayed home again. I did accomplish a few things, so it wasn't a total waste. Maddy was off school and didn't feel like going to daycare, so she stayed home with me. We had breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs, hashbrowns with cheese, bacon and biscuits. Only gravy would have made it perfect.

Today I feel a little better - the pounding in my head has been replaced by a dull ache. I can see out of one eye instead of being blinded from the pain. I'm only blowing my nose every 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes. I think I've only sneezed 937 times today. It's an improvement.

How was your week?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breakfast for dinner... one of life's little treats.

Jill of All Trades said...

Poor thing. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

I've been sick this week too, and sometimes we deserve to feel sorry for our selves. As for the rest of the week, my daughter left for 10 days in Paris, I'm happy for her but also really jealous, and today is my anniversary 27 years! We both forgot until this afternoon, we are usually more romantic than that, but I've been sick and time flies. Hope you feel better soon

Marrdy said...

So sorry you have been sick. A 3 hour nap is exactly what you needed. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Annie said...

I hope you feel better! Have you ever tried Airborne? It's an immune system boost and it's a little tablet that you dissolve in water and drink at the first signs of feeling sick. Along with zinc, it usually cuts my sicknesses down!

SarahHub said...

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you yesterday!

Jakki said...

We so love having breakfast for dinner... Last week was...ehhhh better kept in the past...LOL. Here's to a better week.

Anonymous said...

...my sneezing is down to approx 24 an hour..doing better!