Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Musings...

The weekend projects went okay. Of course, I didn't get all of it accomplished, but I did get a major project started, and I'm very excited about finishing it in the next couple of weeks. The deck needed more than a washing, if that gives you a hint. Has there ever, in the history of home improvement, been a weekend project that actually took a weekend? Damn you, HGTV and your promise of "how hard could it be?"

******

I did buy patio furniture, but not what I originally wanted. Two meltdowns and four stores later, I finally found a set at Garden Ridge, of all places. I never thought to go there (thanks for the tip, Kristen!) Yesterday, I found a chaise lounge with cushion at WalMart, marked down to $98 from $228. Score!

******

In one week, I'll be headed to this little slice of heaven. Here's hoping and praying for safe travel, good weather and that my luggage makes it there and back in one piece, preferably as originally packed.

*******

While I'm gone next week, you will be treated to the stylistic rantings of Kellyolgy, Roaring Through My Twenties, Little Bald Doctors, CookieBitch and FrogDancer. Please to enjoy.

******

Twitter needs to get itself in order. Not that I need another time suck at work. Just saying.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo antigua...oooooo

I need a vacation w/out family and children..

Jeannette E. Spaghetti said...

I totally should have come over on Saturday. I was SUPPOSED to work on homework all day but ended up being rather unproductive... I'm sure my twitter archives will attest to that fact.

Then again, we all need a dose of lazy from time to time. It helps to recharge (excuses, excuses).

Jill said...

wow, your vacation looks great, enjoy!

She Who said...

Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures that you can post. Of course you need to take some that you can't post. You better make me drool over that post vacation blog.

Zookeeper said...

Congrats on being productive over the weekend. That always feels good. Now go and have a well-deserved vacation!

Jakki said...

That looks like hella fun to go to! I saved the link to check out some things for next year for me and the boys.

minniemama68 said...

Take me with you!!!!!! Please!!!!