Thursday, July 3, 2008

This 'n That

Just a few random blurbs before the holiday weekend (and fun with bullet points!):


  • The fundraiser preparations are going great. It's nine days away, eeek! I think I'm pretty much prepared, with the exception of a few last minute details I'm working on. If you haven't already, please email me with the number of tickets you'd like, and I'll put on you the "pay at the door" list. Thank you to all who have RSVP'd already. We're gonna have a great time!
  • We have additional auction/raffle items now - an autographed Blues hockey puck from Andy McDonald; an autographed football from Tory Holt; a Hannah Montana basket; wine baskets galore; a movie basket, complete with DVDs and popcorn; two more sets of Cardinals tickets, and *drumroll* an autographed guitar from Brooks and Dunn. So Boot Scoot Boogie your way to the fundraiser for a chance at this gorgeous guitar.
  • As for holiday weekend plans, I'm taking Maddy to see Wall-E tomorrow afternoon. Craig and I are going to the Cards/Cubs game tomorrow night. I'm so excited! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous too. High in the 80s and the rain is supposed to move out by the afternoon.
  • Saturday we're having a barbecue, complete with a homemade slip and slide fashioned from a painter's tarp, baby shampoo and a hose. Can you say redneck? We'll be lighting fireworks once it gets dark. I should go ahead and put 911 on notice now.
  • Sunday we have no plans, so far. Maybe I'll take Maddy to Splash City, and I can work on my tan.
Have a safe, happy, and healthy Fourth of July! I leave you with some Japanese fireworks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and holiday. I took my kids to see WALL-E, and we ALL loved it. It really is a great movie!

Jill said...

Good luck on the fund raiser, and I hope you have a great holiday weekend!